Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Human Rubik's Cube

Perhaps one of the most famous pieces of 20th century art is the most simple, yet has become the inspiration for an entire decade of fashion- just think of Mod, Twiggy, and shift dresses in the '60s. Kinda reminds me of the Rubik's cube. I wonder if this is where the idea of "color-blocking" was born.
C-blocking is one of my favorite trends this season. The juxtaposition of complementary colors in a single outfit or accessory is genius. I don't have a lot of patterns in my closet, so I often find myself wearing an array of neutral colors, or chiffon blouses with black pants to work. Now that the weather is warmer, I am going to make a conscious effort to wear more color and shake up my look a bit.


I also think it's pretty when you combine colors from the same family, like pinks, reds, and oranges as seen above. Below is my take on the trend with a bone colored sateen blazer from H&M, colbalt blue silk racerback tank, navy wide-leg trousers, and my new Michael Kors Ostrich satchel (mine is tangerine).



1 comment:

  1. Totally sold on the color-blocking trend, but I love how you took the time to think about what color palettes work well together. Great post!

    ReplyDelete